Monday, November 17, 2008

TOP TEN REASONS WE FINALLY STARTED THIS BLOG....

We figured everyone was entitled to a quick insight as to why we thought this blog was finally necessary. Please note, we are "newbies" at this and this site is UNDER CONSTRUCTION! However, there are 10 reasons that officially motivated us to join the "blogesphere"!

10. This is a wonderful way to capture the youth and innocence of our children...while they still posess youth and innocence.

9. It is SOOOO much better to read friends blogs on a regular basis than that Christmas letter that is sent out every year.

8. It is even better to avoid having to send out the aforementioned letter ourselves...Jason thinks that holiday sweaters make him look fatter than he really is!

7. Let's face it...we are the ultimate "victims" of peer pressure!!

6. This is so much more cool, and entertaining for that matter, than journaling!

5. We don't ever want to forget anything (like the time that Anika came home with "The Booger Touch"...is this the 21st century version of Cooties?)

4. With seven kids we will NEVER...EVER...be short on material to blog about!

3. You know...I really like that last one...can we use that one twice? Hey...it's our blog...we can!

2. We can not think of a better way to share ALL of the aspects of our family that we are both proud of...and ashamed of...probably more of the latter there.

And the #1 reason we are starting our blog: This is truly the ultimate way to hold crap over our kids heads when they get older...just what we want...leverage!

12 comments:

Parker and Lindsi Smith said...

This is awesome! I can't wait to keep up with all the Gollhofer exploits! Please, please, please blog that story (and the pictures) of Jason wearing ladies underpants and high heels!!!!

jen said...

Yay I'm so excited you have a blog! I don't have one...it would be pretty boring if I did. But I'm excited to read yours. Put lots of pics of your cute kiddos!!

Cami said...

Woohoo! LOVE the first post! Keep up the cleverness - I have a hard time with that! Can't wait to hear all about those embarrassing moments - oh, and the proud ones!

Christy said...

Wahoo!!!! The peer pressure worked. I am so excited to have another addition in the family. Do you think we can comvince mom, j, and Kelly to blog? Ha ha. That'll be the day. I love the template you chose. Good work.

Parker and Lindsi Smith said...

I am just absolutely shocked that even after you resisted doing a blog for so long, gollhoferfamily was still available for you!
I'm glad you started a blog!
--Linds

bmhansen said...

Lindsi, of course gollhoferfamily.blogspot.com is still available. it is such a weird name no one else wants to claim it as their own.

anyways jason and sum - welcome to the world of the nerds.

brandon

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Parker we were looking through our pictures and the only one we can find is of both you and Jason in ladies underpants and high heels. And well lets face it Jason has better legs so we don't feel right in posting it since it may make you a little uncomfortable.

Logan and Ashley said...

Yes! You gave in. You will not regret it!
I love number eight... Jason cracks me up.
I totally agree about the Christmas card thing. The letter gets to be so long after the, well the first one that I end up just barely reading it. I am so bad!!

bmhansen said...

it is great that you blog, now you just need to update it.

b

Lauren said...

Woohoo for blogs! We are excited that you finally started one! We miss you guys!

TisforTonya said...

welcome to the blogosphere! And Jason - don't blame it on the sweater, "OWN" your fluffiness!!!

(oh, it's Tonya btw - the people in the blogosphere only know me by my more Hepburn picture and my initial - but we'll let you in on the secret)

Christy said...

Please don't do what most people do and only do one post, then three months later you've still done nothing!