Wednesday, April 7, 2010

soccer..SocceR..SOCCER

Soccer season is once again underway....five girls playing leads to one very busy week! This is Lauren's last year playing since she is a senior. It will be a bittersweet day when she plays her last game. We threw the team a party the night before their game against West. This is their big rivalry! I decorated the place to help try to get the team pumped up:





Carter loved the cake...can you tell?!?




The night of the game was FrEeZiNg!! I spent about an hour getting us all ready to go and everything packed up. I made hot chocolate, packed lots of blankets, got all the gloves and hats ready etc. Once we got there I spent the next fifteen minutes getting everyone dressed in their warm gear and the stroller packed up. The next ten minutes were spent walking to the field. Then another ten minutes getting the bleachers set up for us and hot chocolate poured for everyone. From there I spent 15 minutes listening to my three year old cry because he was sooo cold. So I packed us up and left...seriously?!? I spent more time getting us prepped for the game then I spent at the game.

But Taylor was the ball girl for the night. So she stayed with Jason in the cold and cheered the team on. Jason said he was so proud and spent more time cheering her on then he did the team.

While we did not spend much time at the game I love that my kids are always there for each other and try to cheer for each other all the time. They make one great cheer leading team!!



4 comments:

Lauren said...

What a great party I'm sure it was! You are such a great, creative person! So sorry about the cold game. You should get a Big E for effort! :)

Kelly said...

So Im just sitting here in your basement not wanting to go to bed cuz I know once I do I will wake up and have to leave Breckyn. But I know she is in good hands so that does make it easier. Anyways back to your post. Looks like it was fun for the 15 min you were there but I would probably be just like Jackson and say it is sooo cold. Looking at the pictures just made me sooo cold.

Christy said...

Colordao sure can be miserable when it gets that cold. I can't believe Lauren is done with Soccer. It feels like soccer is her life. She is growing up too fast. . . Well all your kids are! Thats fun though you still have everyone else in soccer.

Megs said...

I am feeling pretty pathetic that I thought it would be hard to do 3 kids in soccer. Okay, you put me to shame again. You really are SUPER mom. I can't believe you have a senior. Can I laugh at you? JK Did the team win?

Kelly is so cute. I know how she feels. IT would kill me to leave my baby that long. I hope she can just let go and have a good time.