Wednesday, February 25, 2009

DoRa obviously does NOT work!!!

So I know I just said that I don't have time to blog and while that is true I need to vent........AHHHHHH Anika is driving me crazy with her forgetful nature as of late. She has left both lunch boxes at school since my dora post a total of six times. Not only has she left her lunch boxes at school she LOST her lunch box. Not the back up box but her box. I'm sure you can imagine the anxiety this has caused me since I had to send her with the back up box on a regular basis not sure if I would ever see it again. Well today I was quite proud of her for a moment. I picked her up from school and made her go back inside and dig in the lost and found until she found her lunch box. I was so proud when I saw her come out of the building with her lunch box swinging at her side, right where it should be. Well all that happiness only lasted for a few short moments. I pulled the back up box out of her backpack (now she actually took this to school yesterday but forgot to bring it home...I know what your thinking, surprise surprise!). You can only imagine my frustration when I opened it and found her lunch the same way it was when I packed it. I was a little confused and just stared at it for a moment. I slowly turned to Anika and questioned why her lunch from yesterday was still in there. I asked her if she forgot I packed her a lunch and if she ended up just eating hot lunch. Her reply...I don't remember. Oh the joys of a pre-pubescent girl! Well back to chopping 60 lbs. of chicken.

5 comments:

bmhansen said...

summer,

why not just send her with a brown paper bag?

b

TisforTonya said...

I get really tired of throwing away 3/4 of every lunch I send with my kids... they'd probably be thrilled if I just sent a twinkie and a capri sun...

Megs said...

That is JJ's answer for everything. On his birthday yesterday I asked him what he has learned in his nine years on this earth. He gave the heart warming answer of "I don't know." LOVE this age.

jen said...

She is so funny. I miss your kids!

I think you should do a post of Brecken! I've only seen a few pictures that Christy texted to me. I don't even know her middle name or anything!

Logan and Ashley said...

Oh man, it starts so early! Yikes, I remember skipping lunch because I thought I was to fat and it drove my mom crazy!! Good luck!