Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Better late than never




So I know I am REALLY REALLY late in posting this but thought better late than never. Christmas is long past but the memories we created are hopefully going to last a long time. Christmas for us started on Christmas Eve this year. We did not have Lauren and Cailyn for Christmas but got lucky enough to have them Christmas Eve. So we gave them their gifts and the kids all exchanged their sibling gifts.


Every Christmas Eve we go outside and sprinkle some reindeer food on the lawn. This helps guide them to our house.






So on Christmas Eve I had to get up and feed Carter around 3:00 a.m. As I got back into bed I heard some noise down by the tree. Ever since I was a little kid I wanted to catch Santa. I could not help but wonder if this was my chance. I snuck out of bed and sure enough it was him!! Thank goodness I had the camera in my room so i could quickly take a few pics!















We always line the kids up in order from youngest to oldest before they go downstairs. (With the exception of Carter this year.) They were pretty excited!

Jackson got a spider-man mallet for Christmas and loved hitting everyone on the head with it.

















We went and spent Christmas afternoon and evening with Grandpa, Grandma and Aunt Erin (Jason's family). It was so nice to spend Christmas with those we love. Lexi got a dress up outfit from Grandpa and Grandma. She loved it and I loved the picture of her in it!!
It was a fun and exciting day, but it wore the kids out! Not that I'm complaining!












3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love Jason's face while he is maybe rethinking the whole mallet thing!

How lucky you caught Santa!

Um, tmi on the barf chronicles!!! Yuck! Hilarious, but still yuck!

Lauren said...

Great Christmas stuff! I loved Santa! :) Your kids are HUGE! I can't believe it!

jen said...

I love that you sprinkle food for the reindeer! And how lucky are you to sneak a picture of Santa!?!