My sister Kelly is the only sibling that I have that lives in Colorado. She lives in Highlands Ranch, about 1 hour and 15 minutes from driveway to driveway. So as you can see we are still a ways apart. We try to meet half way once a week for an afternoon of fun. I love spending time with her and the kids are always extremely excited to see her. This past week when I came home from our afternoon together Jason's car was in the driveway. I was a little surprised to see him home from work a little early. But just thought to myself this is one of the perks of being self employed. He knew I was going to be gone for the day and must of wanted to work from home in the peace and quiet. As soon as I walked in the house though I knew something was different. It's funny how us moms can sense when something is not the same the second we walk in to our domain, our workplace in a sense, our home. I noticed all the popcorn that the kids had dumped all over the floor right before we left, and I of course left it there thinking they may want it for a snack later on, was no longer there. That's when the smell hit me...What was it? I recognized it but had not smelled it in some time. As I proceeded to enter the house I was hit with so many differences all at once. The dishes were not on the counter where I had left them, and what happened to all the dirty spots on the kitchen floor? I almost thought I was going to go into some type of shock. That's when I realized what the glorious smell was...Cleaner!!! My husband had given me one of the best surprises, he had cleaned
our house. Now I'm not just talkin' vacuumed floor and washed dishes. He scrubbed the toilets, moped the floors, emptied the dishwasher, did the dishes, cleaned the bathrooms...so I'm sure you get it now, he went above and beyond! Can I tell you how nice it was to see myself in the whole mirror and not have to try and fit my face in between hand prints on the mirror?!? He even did my absolute least favorite chore of all....laundry! As you can see I am one lucky lady. I say I'm lucky not because he cleaned my house but because of the wonderful husband he always is. This is just one example of the many things he does to put a smile on my face. He is always striving to be the perfect husband, and as far as I'm concerned he always is. I love you Jas!!!
our house. Now I'm not just talkin' vacuumed floor and washed dishes. He scrubbed the toilets, moped the floors, emptied the dishwasher, did the dishes, cleaned the bathrooms...so I'm sure you get it now, he went above and beyond! Can I tell you how nice it was to see myself in the whole mirror and not have to try and fit my face in between hand prints on the mirror?!? He even did my absolute least favorite chore of all....laundry! As you can see I am one lucky lady. I say I'm lucky not because he cleaned my house but because of the wonderful husband he always is. This is just one example of the many things he does to put a smile on my face. He is always striving to be the perfect husband, and as far as I'm concerned he always is. I love you Jas!!!



5 comments:
I'm not sure if I should say you're lucky to have gotten him or to mention that you've certainly trained him well ;) Looks like you're lucky to have found eachother!
Jason, will you marry me?! Just kidding. Summer, your so lucky to have Jason. Jason, your so lucky to have Summer. We are so lucky to have you guys in our family. Love you guys.
Oh what a nice husband. Good work Jason!
I love it when you come home and the house is much cleaner than when you left. Jeff is great at doing this for me too and it just makes my day. Summer I think he is a keeper.
So sweet! I hope that happens to me someday sigh... Isn't kelly due any day now? I am so excited for her! is it a boy or a girl? I feel so out of it. Linc was due Feb 14th but came Jan 30th so hopefully she comes early too, well only if the baby is ready of course.
Post a Comment