Thursday, January 8, 2009

Who says they don't listen?

So many of you know our Taylor as the in your face, out of control, crazy, constantly invading your bubble "rockstar". And while it is true she is all of things there is a side to Taylor that I absolutely love and admire. She has the kindest heart and is always wanting to do good for others. During winter break, on a Monday morning, I found Taylor busy with paper and markers. I really did not think anything of it and was actually enjoying a few moments of her
entertaining herself. She came to me after a few moments and asked for some envelopes and informed me she had made us all a Christmas present. I thought oh how cute she drew us all a picture. But just as always she caught me by surprise on Christmas when we opened our presents. She explained to me that in her primary class her teacher told a story about a family who did not have any money for gifts for each other. The family used homemade gifts for their presents to one another. She said she really wanted to give everyone a present but did not have any money so she thought it would be a good idea to do what she was taught in primary. Taylor taught our family a very valuable lesson on Christmas. Gifts come from the heart and do not need a price tag tied to them. I am so grateful for the primary program and my children's teachers. I am sure there are some teachers that leave on Sundays wondering if anyone in their class was even paying attention. This is proof that children really do listen and take what they are taught to heart. It truly is an amazing moment as a parent when you see your child's testimony grow.
















I love that she put thought in to each persons gift and made them unique to that individual!















9 comments:

Bendz said...

Hi,

Nice post. Kids are always different.

Nice blog.
Wish you this new year gives you health and wealth.

:-)
Insurance

jen said...

Oh that is so cute of Taylor!! I love the way little kids spell things. She is so funny! I miss you guys!

Lopez Life said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard!!

Lauren said...

Truly so sweet. I miss Taylor a lot. :( I know what you mean about the kids learning anything at church. Since I'm primary president, I definitely wonder if I'm getting through to the kids. You and Jason are great parents and set good examples to your kids. I love her thoughtfulness and the cute spelling, too.

Cami said...

Ok, that totally brought tears to my eyes. I thought they would just be letters, but no, she really put a lot of thought into what each of you would want. And, I love the sound spelling. Koby does that too and it is too cute.

TisforTonya said...

I taught this lesson in our ward... I can hope that they did as well (but I doubt it) - I love that she made them unique and appropriate to each person (especially the one about leaving them alone when friends are over)

Christy said...

Taylor. . . .I love you so much! When you need to leave Cailyn and Anika alone because they are playing with their friends, can I play with you?

Stacie Mathis said...

Amazing. She really does listen! Even when she isn't sitting in her chair!

Tammy said...

Sweet. I miss you guys.